Saturday, August 4, 2007

NOT DEAD YET, GRAVITY, POSSIBILITIES AND SEASONS

An older couple is lying in bed one morning, having just awakened from a good night's sleep. He takes her hand and she responds, "Don't touch me."

"Why not?" he asks. She answers back, "Because I'm dead." The husband says, "What are you talking about? We're both lying here in bed together and talking to one another."

She says, "No, I'm definitely dead." He insists, "You're not dead. What in the world makes you think you're dead?"

"Because I woke up this morning and nothing hurts."

Author Unknown

I’ve had one of those weeks when my old body just didn’t want to get up and go. Every morning I’d wonder why I wasn’t with it, where did my energy go? Finally Friday morning on my way to work, I noticed I was truly awake and feeling great. Whatever had me so down the first part of the week was gone. What a relief. The smallest task that earlier was just to much for me all of the sudden seemed very easy.

Every person on this planet is constantly under the influence of a powerful limiting force called gravity. Gravity makes difficult the lifting and movement of massive objects. It makes our feet tired and actually causes us to become shorter as we age.

Although gravity is a powerful limitation, we would not want to be without it. As fun as it might appear to fly in space and frolic free of gravity, the absence of gravitational force yields its own set of very difficult problems. With no gravity, you'd have to tie down all of your furniture, food crumbs would migrate to every corner of your house, your computer's mouse would wander off, and you'd never be able to fill your bathtub for a warm, relaxing soak.

Gravity, as limiting as it is, also makes many things possible, including the very existence and stability of the planet. So it is with every limitation we face. We can never hope to be free of limitations, nor would we want to be. Many ofthe things which appear to limit us in some ways, actually support us in other ways. Every great thing that has ever been accomplished, has been done by people with limitations.

Rather than wishing for a life free of limitations, let your limitations give you strength

Ralph Marston

I’ve noticed that I’ve been using my age as an excuse for what I don’t do. Limiting my self to things that I know I can do well and forgetting about learning new things. Challenges are put on the back shelf and not thought about again. I really don’t want to grow stale and behind the times. I used to welcome new tasks and loved learning new things. Now I find it very hard to find a new interest. It can’t be that there is nothing new that I would enjoy??. I must not be looking in the right places.

Possibilities

Life's filled with possibilities that challenge us each day To take a chance, try something new see things a different way And its thru these special moments that we learn to change and grow To explore the special gift of who we are and what we know For its not until we try that we find out what we can do So don't wait until Tomorrow to discover something New

Author Unknown

If you're not in your winter yet... let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! For remember that scripture?... our life is but a vapor, it vanishes away... So, do what you can today, because you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not! Life is God's gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to God. Make it a fantastic one

Words truly written  from my heart to yours…

Pam ( mostly known as MA)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least your body knew to shape up in time for the weekend.  :)
I have often read that taking up a new hobby or interest keeps the mind alive. You`ll find something. You do stay pretty busy, though, it seems.
Love ya
Penny

Anonymous said...

I too find things much more difficult to do and get interested in as I get older.I do not have the energy as mentioned.I push myself to the limit at times,which is as you say trying to do new,but then I am worse,so I feel sometimes I cannot win.I am forever looking to find new interests.I usually come up with something ,but find there are not enough hours in a day to do them all.back to the hustle bustle rushing around so this week I am going to try a new interest relaxayion LOL!! and relax more as you will see in my next posting.I hope you feel better this weekend and have a very blessed Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http:..journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I always try to live by the old adage, live each day as though it was the last. New interest keep life new and challenging! Love this post! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Into each day a little sunshine falls ...love Jan xx