Saturday, August 11, 2007

A FEW THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS

 

Our years, our lines, our scars are part of who we are. They should be a matter of comfort and pride and even our joy. Happiness eludes us when we feel embarrassed, guilty, or even shy about any part of who we are.

I am pushing 64 I have lived 63 years of happiness.

I have survived 63 years of challenges.

I have experienced 63 ears of personal growth I have learned so many life lessons from 63 trips around the sun. (I have much more to learn, so God, please let me live another 20!)

I am aging gracefully.

I have thrived, mostly, during 63 years. And I am proud of every one of those years.

Many of us have a deep unease about our age and our aging -- an unease that can hold back our self-esteem and our happiness.

Let nothing disturb thee;

Let nothing dismay thee;

All thing pass;

God never changes

Patience attains

All that it strives for.

He who has God

Finds he lacks nothing:

God alone suffices.

Saint Teresa of Avila

Being healthy is important, but in times when we may be facing diminishing mental, emotional, psychological capacity, it’s important to have hobbies and activities that make you happy.

It’s also important to carry as little emotional burden as possible .

O God, calm my anxious heart. Silence the voices that clamor for me to judge between people, as though I could. Give me an accepting spirit that honors Christ.

 Amen.

I’m trying to deal with my issues as they come up and let go as soon as possible. Resolve my hurt, if not with the other person, then at least in my own heart and be grateful it’s not worse.

How to stay young:

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay “them.”

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.

 4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

How can we be sure that everything will turn out right from the cradle to the grave, insuring that we make it into the afterlife?

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, “Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. “Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receives me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea,” (Matthew 18:1-6).

 

Words truly wirtten from my heart to yours,

Pam (mostly known as MA)

 

 

 

www/utilthengraphics.com

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good thoughts on aging.  I definetly don't believe in wasting time on groucy or negative people, it zaps my energy.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

How to stay young: I especially love number 4 and number 7. This is a really good list. Blessings to you, Lynn
http://www.onewayoranother-wilson.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Lovely posting.Very helpful listing.I agree with number 2 plenty.I would like to think I do enjoy number 3 ,and especially like number 8 what a good one that is.I hope you have lovely Sunday.Enjoying whatever makes you happy. Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love this entry and your great attitude!
Love ya
Penny