Saturday, July 28, 2007

AS WE MATURE...

Autumn to winter, winter to spring,

Spring into summer, summer into fall--

So rolls the changing year, and so we change;

Motion so swift, we know not that we move.

Dinah Mulock Craik

 

WORDS TO LIVE BY AS WE MATURE:

One of life's mysteries is how a two-pound box of candy can make a person gain five pounds.

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.

Amazing! You just hang something in your closet for a while, and it shrinks two sizes.

It is bad to suppress laughter; it goes back down and spreads to your hips.

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but she can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything.

Stress reducer: Put a bag on your head. Mark it "Closed for remodeling." . . . . caution - leave air holes.

I am beginning to believe that all the WORDS above are to be believed. Life never ceases to amaze me. We can choose to bogged down by it or to accept it and move on. I’m all for moving on to better and brighter days for sure.

 

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Mark Twain

In my heart I’m still the same romantic girl that I was 40 years ago The dreams and hopes that I had then were fulfilled and I’m so thankful for them, but I haven’t given up, I still have the belief that life is good and that we do have a purpose each day. I always anticipate joy every morning as a new day begins.

 

God gave us memories, that we might have June roses in the December of our lives. 

 James Barrie

I am very careful when choosing the memories I think about. There were so many good ones that it’s not so hard to pick and choose which I want to remember. Of course I had some bad times, but they have been left behind where they belong. I will not drag them up from the depths and relive them over and over. Why would I want to dwell on misery…it’s done and overwith. Thank the good Lord.

"The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."

There are exceptions to every rule. The rules my parents lived by are not always the rules I have lived by. My house was never renowned for being a show place, it was only known to be a home. House work is never done, as we allknow, things keep needing to replaced and repaired. Old things wear out and new things take their place. Rules are made to be broken, if we have the wisdom to be aware of the time to do so.

You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again.

Bonnie Prudden

That’s what I do each and every day. I wind up this old body and go again, I often need a little oiling and TLC. I try to be good to my self and do only the things that are important. I’ve discovered that my parts and pieces are wearing out and if I don’t treat them gently, they are not going to last . Many demands are placed upon me that often stretch my limits and often I thank the good Lord for the strength He alone provides…Physically, mentally and spiritually.

Words truly written from my heart to yours,

Pam ( otherwise known as MA)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All these words they are so true.  We all have lots of memories, good and bad.  I look for something, at least one, good thing to happen every day, and it does.  My wonderful MIL taught me that a long time ago, when I was raising my kids.  My one good thing today is reading your journal, thanks, Joni