Sunday, August 26, 2007

With the Good Lord's Help

Yesterday is a cancelled cheque.

Tomorrow is a promissory note.

Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely.

Kay Lyons

Each day is a small fragment of a lifetime. We can't return to the past except within our memories. We don't know what the future holds for any of us. The only time we can spend is today and the only time we can touch is right now. It might seem an oversimplification but so many are either stuck in the past or immersed in what the future might bring.

It would seem that today is sometimes forgotten! The best starting point is to see today as God's gift to us. We are invited to use all that's been given to us to enrich our lives, physically, emotionally and spiritually. If we can give all three of these an honest go, then we are indeed living life to its fullest. We are also doing what God wants each of us to do.

Thought For Today by Fr.James McSweeney

I love the reflections of Fr. McSweeny. He always blesses my morning with some very wise thoughts. I try to dwell on all this is uplifting and encouraging and rarely watch TV or the News programs because so much bad is promoted in them. I choose to center in on the good news and that is rarely found on TV.

In order to ‘Bloom Where I am Planted’ I try to share my joy of each day and my belief in God with others each morning. Sometimes I think my efforts are in vain, but with the good Lord’s help every now and then I’m rewarded by someone that has been helped with some of the words I share each day.

 In this journal I hope to help someone that, like my self, is aging and wondering what this new stage of our lives may bring. Finding my self in a completely different set of circumstances than I’ve ever known before is challenging and I can only hope to do whatever is sent my way each day and to be able to thank our dear Lord for it.

A person is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore (1882 - 1942)

We smile at the jokes: "You know you're getting older when you and your teeth don't sleep together" or "You look like your driver's license picture" or "Your knees buckle, but your belt won't." However there are many who allow the years to wear them down until they are searching for something, but have no hope for the future.

Keep your sense of humor and laugh at the jokes, even if they're all too true. It may take you two or three tries to get out of that chair, but with positive faith, you can stay younger than springtime in your soul.

Some people grow up and spread cheer. Others merely grow and spread.

Lord, help me to be an encourager and to be ever grateful for this life you have given me.

Written from my heart to yours,

Pam (mostly known as MA)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am certainly ageing with you,At sixty one I do wonder what the next stage will bring me often.I try to keep my sence of humour plenty,and I also try to stay younger than springtime inside too.I have grown up spreading cheer,but I have also spread in other places too.Haaaaaa.I live the best I can each day and thank the Good Lord for everything he has sent my way.I have tanked him many times already, I came across your wondeful journals,which I have leared so much from.Thankyou for your everyday posts.I shall miss them on my holiday in USA .Unless of course,I am tempted to take a peek on my sons computer ......Take Care God Bless .Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Pam ( Ma )
I am so glad for your comment on my journal. I did not know that you had a journal. I like it very much. I will put a link on my journal to yourg=s if it would be o.k. Send me your e-mail address.
                                                                    DAD