Monday, September 11, 2023

For September 11th, 2023

 The Next 20 Years






On the occasion of the worst and the best events of my life, I thought it was time I posted in this journal.  

It was the worst day because of 9/11/2001
and the best day because it was the day I got married to my DDH of 27 years in 1965.   He was the best husband and father of my children that I could ever have.  He died
 at the age of 50 and will never suffer the pangs of getting old.  I on the other hand keep on living and getting older all the time. I will be 80 on my next birthday, which will be in March 2024.  I have many happy memories of my time spent back in the days I was married and raising a large family.

Now they are all married and have families of their own.  I have shown you many pictures of them, but here is one when they were all young and still at home.

It was taken at my parents home when we celebrated Christmas one year.  We always gathered on Christmas eve, so the children could be home for Christmas Day to open the presents that Santa left. SORRY I couldn’t find the photo even though I could picture it in my head.

The best present Ive received is my family, I love them all so much and even though Ive lost one son, to an inoperable brain tumor, I still have his family to remember him by.  They are all very dear to me.




Ive told you that I only have one son and a daughter that live close by to me.  Who knew when they were little that the rest would all move away.  5 are in Ohio, but two live out of state and those two recently came home for a visit .  It was good to see them both!


They were all close when they were growing up and were each others playmates much of the time.  They did everything together.   

I do feel as though Ive done my duty to raise them to be independent adults when they grew up.  Maybe too much so.

Id like them all to be closer to home, My wish is that someday Ill have them all together again some day.  We had a family reunion a few years ago and Ive shared their picture before, but even at that 3 of them were missing.  DS#2
s 3 children from his first and second wife.  Divorce is a terrible thing seperating the whole family from loved ones.  Their moms encourage them to have nothing to do with us and they live far away, which makes visiting even harder.  Everyone has such busy lives its hard to find a time and place to get together, but when the ones that can come home, do Im filled with love for them. We always have such a good time together.  It seems like time has flown by and I cant believe how old Im getting, but my heart will stay forever young.  It is filled with so many wonderful memories.

Not only have I lost my husband and oldest son, but I lost a little grandson too.  They are kept right in my heart when they are kept close to me. 

Never forget what is truly important in life.  That is faith, family and friends .  I love all of them so.

And I love that you take the time to read this and hopefully will make a comment too.  I appreciate and love all of you too.

Im still roaring through the 20s



Love,
ma

No comments: