Wednesday, September 13, 2023

For Wednesday, September 13th, 2023

 


ON THE BRIGHT SIDE 
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER  13TH, 2023

The moments of our lives may be bright with possibility, dark with fear or sadness, or even plain everyday gray, but God's glory never fades.  May God's glory shine into the exciting lights, upsetting darks,  and boring grays of your every day.


Slightly adapted from one of my morning devotionals


10 DAYS UNTIL FALL

In Ohio
 Sunrise:   7;06 am
   Sunset:  7:41  
pm






Life is a special   
occasion!

Hallmark!


Today is a Happy Birthday to my granddaughter our Northern Belle!

Happy Birthday ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday  ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you♥ ♥ ♥ 

May the dear Lord bless you today and always!

Happy Birthday to you♥

Today is also National Peanut Day which is a celebration of the peanut, which really isnt a nut at all.  Technically they are legumes - simple dry fruits of the same family as peas and beans.  But we can still celebrate.

George Washington Carver discover over 300 practical uses for peanuts. Carver a graduate of Iowa State University, found ways to use peanuts in shampoo, fuel, dies and flours.  Ironically, historians suspect that Carver never tasted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  What a shame!

To celebrate today, bake some peanut butter cookies, watch a ball game with a bag of whole peanuts, enjoy a nice chunk of peanut butter fudge, or make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.  Enjoy!  

If you cannot see the bright sidepolish the dull side





 
THOUGHT FOR TODAY 

Peanut butter is the glue that holds my life together.

Author Unknown


Peanut butter is a staple in my kitchen, I often eat peanut butter sandwiches I don’t often but  I have made peanut butter cookies.  They are delicious!  Peanut butter is something I can eat. I use it as a dip for apples, carrots and celery.   It’s good for us! It’s full of protein that makes us strong.  I usually get the Natural peanut butter. It’s low in sodium and it’s made by JIF.

It’s a satisfying sandwich and fills me up. I don’t always have mine with jelly, but when I do it is sugar free jelly. 

Today is my day to make a new menu for next week which is what I use to make my shopping list from.  It’s supposed to rain some today so I’ll try to get out when it’s not raining.  It’s supposed to be only partly cloudy this afternoon, with rain this morning.

Menu for Next week

Monday - Avocado, Tomato and Chicken Sandwich
Wednesday- Slow Cooker Pork Chops 
Friday - Red Pepper and Parmesan Tilapia
Weekend - Homemade Apple Cider Beef Stew 


On the menu for today is:

Slow Cooker Pork Chops.

Makes 4 servings

1/2 cup flour, divided
1/2 tsp ground mustard 
2/3 tsp. garlic pepper blend
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
4 boneless pork loin chops
2 Tbsp Canola oil 
1 can, 14.5 oz. chicken broth

In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, mustard, garlic pepper and seasoned salt.  Add chops, one at a time and dredge to coat.  In a large skillet brown pork chops in oil on both sides.

Transfer to a slow cooker . Pour broth over chops.  Cook covered on low for about 2 hours or until chops are tender.

Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup flour into cooking juices until smooth, cook covered on high until gravy is thickened.

I will have mine with  sides of applesauce and and brussel sprouts with bacon. I even found some sugar free peanut butter cups to enjoy for my dessert 

As I hoped my Doctor appointment went well.  I lost over 10 more pounds which means I’m now down over 20 lbs since I started the diet I’m on. No salt, no sugar for me will continue the rest of my life as I have a tendency to be a diabetic. I did celebrate after the appointment at McDonalds and got my favorite meal, a fish sandwich meal  with a vanilla milkshake. It was delicious!


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!





COUNTING MY BLESSINGS 

Happiness is a spoonful of peanut butter

Author Unknown

Counting at least 3 things every day that I'm thankful for.  There is truly is always something to be thankful for.

11,649. for peanut butter which is very good for us
11,650. for a break in the rain today
11,651.for our Northern Belle, it’s her birthday today!

.  
Enter into His courts with thanksgiving — and in His presence is fullness of Joy!




PRAYER FOR OUR TROOPS

Please pray for God's protection of
our troops and HIS wisdom for their
commanders.
 
Almighty and eternal God,
Protect our military
as they discharge their duties
with the shield of your strength,
may the power of your love
enable them to return home in safety
that with all who love them
they may ever praise you for your loving care.

AND bless our Police Officers, Firefighters and EMT’s.

We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!






ADVICE FOR TODAY


You can spread jelly on the peanut butter, but you canspread  the  peanut butter on the jelly.

Dick Van Dyke


a smile, a word of cheer, 
A bit of love from someone dear…

Love,
ma




No comments: