Thursday, March 23, 2023

For March 23rd, 2023

 The Next 20 Years

03/23/2023 



Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.

Mark Twain

As I enter my 80th year of life, I have no idea just how long I’ll be able to live on my own.  I like having my own home as my lifestyle is different from that  of my family.  I don’t want to have to move in with any of them.  But without the help of a son and daughter that live close by, I wouldn’t be half as comfortable as I am now. I depend on their help to get me through these difficult days.

For now, I’m able to do what is needed to get through my days.  I do housework, but have slowed down considerably and my once clean house gets only what absolutely needed.  The days of Spring cleaning have gone by the wayside.  I can only hope to keep up with the day to day, nothing extra.  

It’s not easy getting old and admiting that I need help.  I wish I could do what I used to do.  But that is now impossible. And remember God is with you every day.  It does make me wonder just how long I’ll even be able to do what I can now.  Meanwhile, I’m not giving up, but giving every day a chance.  I’ve always believed that if there is the will, there will be a way. 

Sooner or later we all get old and now being old is sometimes discouraging.  I try to keep a positive attitude and do the best I can do every day.  Thankfully, I still have more better days than bad ones.  




Every day deserves a chance:  Wake up to the gift of 24 hours .

Max Lucado 

Everyday I wake up is such a blessing and I  refuse to do any less than my best each day.

In April I’ll have my first eye exam since I had the cataract surgery done.  As far as I can tell my eye sight has improved considerably, But I’ll wait until the exam to see exactly how I’m doing with that. So much of our health depends on our age.  I’m only getting older and not younger.  

This week has made me do a lot of wondering about what life will bring my way.  I’ll hope to share more as time goes on.  I don’t write often in this journal but will update you as new things happen in my life.



You have a chance every single morning to make that change and be the person you want to be.  You just have to decide to do it.

Brandon Buchard 

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.