Saturday, March 11, 2023

For March 11th, 2023




 On this date in 1942, DDH was born.  I married him when I was 21.  It was under much protest from my family because I turned to the Catholic faith for him.  They had a low opinion of Catholics and of his family.


They weren’t happy at all but did attend my wedding on September 11th, 1965 and after awhile, they agreed with me that he was a good man.

We were married 27 years until in death we did part.  He died of a sudden heart attack in 1992.  Many years ago now, but life has continued on.  All I have left of him are the silk flowers he gave me for an anniversary gift.  I asked him for them as the fresh cut flowers don’t last long.



I started this blog when I was 65 and still working. Due to his death, I was the one still working to support our family.  I’m blessed to say he left me with a house full of loving children.

I have 6 sons and 1 daughter.  All are grown up now and have homes and families of their own and I’m proud of each one of them.  They worked hard, right along with me to succeed.  They literally put themselves through college days and have successful careers now with far better jobs than their dad or I ever had.

They have a lot but worked for it and I feel we must have done something right raising them.

This week has been bittersweet for me, celebrating our mutual birthdays, only 3 days apart.  He was two years older than me when he died.  He was 50 and I was 48.

The years without my DDH, that is my darling departed husband, have been lonely ones without my life companion.  But they certainly have gone by fast!




1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'br nrrn s widow now longer than I was married.