Friday, March 1, 2024

For March 1st, 2024

 


Spring is a time of plans and projects. 

Leo Tolstoy


March 1st 

When March arrives, my thoughts always turns to Spring!  It is my favorite season of the year.   

It is a season of New Beginnings.  The earth comes alive and leaves appear on the trees.  flower start growing and daffodils and tulips bloom.  The birds return from their winter habitat and we can hear them singing when we wake up in the morning!  The sunny and warmer days make everything seem better !



It will definitely be a time of new beginnings for me.  I’ll be moving to Texas to live with my daughter and her family.

I’ve lived by myself for quite a long time now and I hope this move is the right one for me.  It will be different because I’ll only have a room in their house, no longer a whole house to myself. I’ve gotten used to being by myself and it will be different sharing my days with a family.  I’m thinking it will be wonderful to have people to do things with once more.  I’ll no longer eat meals by myself but share them with someone else.  Instead of a book or TV, I’ll have actual people to keep me company.

I won’t have the responsibility for making meals or cleaning the house anymore.  My daughter will be in charge of that.   I know I’ll still be on my diet because she always fixes healthy meals and is very innovative in finding new things to make.  She searches Pinterest and has found very good recipes.  

I’ll be taking it very easy but I know she won’t let me get too lazy. She thinks I should be getting more exercise than what I do, so she’ll probably have me out walking more.




She wanted me to live with them so she could make sure I was being taken care of in my old age.  It was hard saying good bye to many of the things I used to have, but they had to go in order for me to make this move. 



Some old fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Many new beginnings for me as I begin the next 20 years of my life.  I’ll be 80 this month so that also means this will probably be the last 20 years of my life.  We never know how many years we’ll live, but I cannot imagine living more than 100 years.  I really never thought I’d live to be 80.  But here I am.  

This is a Leap Year and I’ve really taken a Leap of Faith to do this big move.  When I moved into my present house, I’d said I’d never move again.  But now I am and I’m very excited and happy to do so.

I won’t miss the Ohio winters at all. The weather is much milder in Texas than it is in Ohio. When I get there it will be spring and really warming up. My daughter says they’ve had quite a few days in the 80’s there already.  


I don’t know if they plant daffodils in Texas or what blooms when.  Maybe their birds don’t migrate south for the winter?  I don’t know a lot, but I know I’ll love being with my daughter and my best friend. 




No matter what happens she has always been there for me and I’ve been there for her too!  




And as an extra bonus I’ll also be living with a dog again. She is the sweetest dog ever and loves my daughter too.

My mom and grandmother live to be in their 80’s. Who knows, I may not make it to 90, but we will have to wait and see.

I’m not worrying about it but just trying to enjoy each day as it comes to the best of my ability.

New beginnings always mean the end of something.  And my solitary days  are ending, not a bad thing at all. 

I’ll be keeping you posted as the days roll by.

Love, ma 


Spring is far more than just a changing of season: it is a rebirth of the spirit.

Toni Sorenson

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Please join me in this new adventure 1