Monday, November 24, 2008



DS#3 with his youngest son, my precious little grand son that passed away

November 22, 2008


We experienced such joy at my grandson's birth and celebrated his baptism and his 1st and 2nd birthdays and he gave us all such joy. He will never be forgotten even though he can no longer celebrate with us.


Every mother wishes she could take away any pain that might come their child's way and I still do ...I wish I could....




if I could I'd protect you from the sadness in your eyes

give you courage in a world of compromise

yes, I would if I could





I would teach you all the things

I've never learned and

I'd help you cross the bridges that I've burned





yes, I would if I could





I would try to shield your innocence from time

but the part of life I gave you isn't mine



I've watched you grow,

so I could let you go





if I could I would help you make it through the hungry years

but I know that I could never cry your tears





but I would if I could



yes, if I live in a time and place where you don't want to be

you don't have to walk along this road with me


my yesterday won't have to be your way



if I knew I would try to change the world



I brought you to and there isn't very much that I could do

but I would if I could





oh baby I just want to protect you

and help my baby through the hungry years

'cause you're part of me



and if you ever ever ever need



I said a shoulder to cry on or just someone to talk to

I'll be there, I'll be there





I didn't change your world

but I would if I could ...




Words from a song by Celine Dion



To my son from my heart




8 comments:

Jan said...

May the good Lord give you and your family strength at this time ..love Jan xx

Joann said...

Pam, that was a beautiful entry!! Those words made me cry... it's true, you always want to protect your child from the pain... no matter how old they are. And he's experiencing the worst pain of them all... I'm so sorry, and I'll continue to keep his family (and you) in my prayers for peace and comfort to come soon.

Joann said...

P.S. He was a GORGEOUS baby boy!!! What a doll!!!

Unknown said...

I just read in another journal of the Home Going of this precious little one. Such a beautiful little boy. My husband and I will keep you and your family in prayer during this time.
Laini

meili_lo said...

it brought tears to my eyes... the song u wrote is one song i dearly love - i would too, if i could...

may God's comfort be with you all.

i found you in one of the blogs i visited and thought of inviting you to my site. if it's not too much trouble, pls. do drop by and share your thoughts.

thanks!

http://shewritesyouwrite.blogspot.com/

wildautumn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildautumn said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandson. I can't even imagine what your family has been going through. Keeping you in my prayers. Karen

Marissa said...

I wish the Lord to be with you and your family in this time and put your hear at rest from it's pain.
Your pome is a wonderful tribute to your son and grandson. I will pray for your family.

-M