Tuesday, December 25, 2007

CHRISTMAS DAY - 2007

While there is time, Lord, May I use it well,

Tis gone in a moment,

One can never tell Which day is our last one,

With so much to do, All must be in order,

When summoned by You.

 

While there is time, Lord, And life is my own,

Let me bring gladness To someone alone.

Renew a small hope, Rekindle a dream,

For shadows are never As dark as they seem.

 

While there is time, Lord, Let me not waste

The chances You give me, I cannot replace.

Lend me Your wisdom, That I may learn

To give of myself, Nor ask a return.

 

Let me be gentle, Keep my words kind,

In spite of the worries, Crossing my mind.

And when at long last, Life's sun starts to set,

Let me have never

A cause to regret.

Grace E. Easley

 

WHILE THERE IS TIME...

I have some wonderful memories of our family celebration this year.  I did my best to make it a happy one for all and I enjoyed all the work of shopping and wrapping to give it all too !

 

Next year will be different though, I say.  But as I reflect this Christmas Day, who knows if I or they will be here next year.  The only time we are ever sure of is now.  I'm here now .  They are there now. 

 

LET ME BRING GLADNESS

LET ME BE GENTLE

LET ME HAVE CAUSE NEVER TO REGRET

 

These words are my prayer...as I grow older

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Words written from my heart to yours,

Pam (mostly known as 'MA')

 

 

Lovely graphics by:

DS#6

@littlerainey.com

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you and they are here next year.What a  beautiful posting Pam.I am so happy to have found you in 2007 and I hope we remain together throught 2008 too.I  havn't  been too well  this Christmastime and partner has contacted the flu,,so all has not been as it was planned.I am saying prayers things will improve for 2008.Just popped online to manage a couple of comments but I am afraid I am going to have to call it a day.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Appreciated this post so much.  I'm printing out the poem to help me remember this.  Unlike you, I groaned and grunted at all the work.  Now I'm ashamed.  Instead of enjoying this day, I complained that it wasn't going to be what past years were.  Only through God's grace did our Christmas become the wonderful family time that I so wanted.  Thank you for your inspiration and I thank God for His mercy to me even as I murmmered and complained.

As far as health goes, I'm feeling more and more the effects of age.  But as the sun starts toward the horizon of my life, I reallly need to concentrate on others and FORGET my aches and pains and  I need to SEE TO IT that things are in order.

THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION!